The best topic

Replies: 10377
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:23:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

People ignoring the lockdown

Started by Anonymous, April 11, 2020, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

B.C. health officials have clearly stated that they want British Columbians to stay home during the Easter long weekend to combat the novel coronavirus crisis, but there are concerns that some people aren't getting the message.

"Don't travel this weekend," Health minister Adrian Dix said.

"If you are going to Sechelt or going to Gibsons every Easter for 15 years, take this year off. If you're going to go to your second home, don't go this weekend.

"This is the weekend to stay close to home."

Despite the warning, ferries and roadways appeared busier than normal on Thursday with boats, trailers and motor homes on the move ahead of the long weekend.

There was no shortage of vehicles at Horseshoe Bay and Tsawwassen Ferry terminals.

BC Ferries has significantly reduced the number of sailings on all routes amid the COVID-19 crisis. It is also legally required to reduce by 50 per cent the maximum number of passengers that may be carried onboard to support the two-metre physical distancing rule.

What sailings there were, did appear to be busy Thursday.

The 9 p.m. sailing from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay was 95 per cent full and the 7:30 p.m. sailing to the Southern Gulf Islands was 99 per cent full. Those numbers refer to the number of vehicles boarding the vehicle and not the number of passengers.

Coastal and island communities have called on tourists and vacation property owners to stay home.

"I understand 25 cars came off this afternoon — two were locals, 23 were not local," Galiano Island resident Jane Wolverton said Thursday.

"When you have such a small population everybody knows everybody."

B.C.'s top doctor says this Easter weekend is far from a traditional holiday weekend.

"This is a really important time for us and everybody this weekend we need to stay close to home," provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said. "We need to be kind and unwind in our own home with our family."

Staying at home also means staying out of the backcountry, but with sun in the forecast for B.C.'s south coast search-and-rescue groups are worried about a spike in calls.

"People are still heading out into the wilderness and every time someone gets into trouble it puts a group of individuals at risk," BC Search and Rescue Association senior director Dwight Yochim said.

:crazy:

Vancouver

I expect the quite the number of confirmed cases in the next three to four weeks from this Easter long weekend.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I expect the quite the number of confirmed cases in the next three to four weeks from this Easter long weekend.

There's a lotta stupid people out there.

They must all drive hummers & SUVs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I expect the quite the number of confirmed cases in the next three to four weeks from this Easter long weekend.

I'm not. Any uptick of cases arising from the odd search and rescue is likely to be dwarfed by the activities of certain fast food drivethroughs.

">

At least your average Dodge Ram driver doesn't have some assclown employer threatening to take his car keys away for willfully scaring motorists on highway 99 with a facemask.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Guest"

There's a lotta stupid people out there.

...and Mercedes, BMWs or a Lexus....and every single one of them thinks they are "so important"...the hard fact they can't accept is that no one gives a fuck.  And these are the tards who will ruin the days of our lives.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Guest"There's a lotta stupid people out there.

...and Mercedes, BMWs or a Lexus....

You must admit they look a damned sight better than a PT Cruiser.  :laugh3:

Berry Sweet

They look like morons to me.  Just as stupid as guys in their big F150s or Dodge Rams and their small penis's....all in the same boat.  Their fancy cars don't make who they are...and most are ignorant pin heads.

Anonymous

Anonymous

They look like morons to me.  Just as stupid as guys in their big F150s or Dodge Rams and their small penis's....all in the same boat.  Their fancy cars don't make who they are...and most are ignorant pin heads.

Trucks serve a practical purpose though Berry.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Only in the right hands. Some owners have no idea what to do with theirs. I will never forget relaxing in a quiet park in the shade watching some soccer-mom type pondering a traffic island from the driver seat of her Mitsubishi Pajero... for three whole fucking minutes before gingerly navigating its gentle curve at the mind-buggering speed of two or three miles per hour. Un-bloody-real.

Someone told me afterwards that the word "pajero" means "wanker" in spanish. I never bothered to check, but that particular driver was certainly one.

Berry Sweet

Absolutely, they do.  Not everyone that has one  uses for that practical purpose...some have them cause they think it makes them look important or rich.  In reality, they can't afford the damn thing.

Frood

Mine does...  ac_dunno

A five seater with undercover storage out the back... long range fuel and water tanks...gear to camp for extended periods of time...

...I place a higher value on having that over a house. Houses burn down, communities turn bad, work can and does dry up regionally... the idea that we could throw a few bags in the back from the house and just drive away for better pastures...well, that makes more sense to us...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "Covid"

"People are still heading out into the wilderness and every time someone gets into trouble it puts a group of individuals at risk," BC Search and Rescue Association senior director Dwight Yochim said.

Well the rescue groups should REFUSE to attend.

That is what I would order.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Covid"

Wel the rescue groups should REFUSE to attend.

That is what I would order.

It would certainly separate mankind from mouse-kind...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Actually it's driving me nuts that all these freaking cruise ships are FULL of the virus taking up space in our hospitals while the casual workers haven't even got one cent in relief.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview